- Who can become a member of the Wishlist Foundation?
Anyone! We do not discriminate against any age, gender, race, religion or nationality. We accept members from all over the world! (Under 18? Please see Terms & Conditions)
- Is membership tax deductible?
Yes, memberships are tax deductible to the extent that nothing is received in exchange for the membership. For example, if you join at the Platinum level ($125), you will need to subtract the value of the items received (t-shirts, etc.) The remainder of your membership dues will be tax deductible.
- What does a unique member ID number mean?
Much like the 10C’s system, you will receive a member number unique to you, based on when you created your membership account. Those members who have joined early will receive seniority over later membership accounts. Upgrading or downgrading your member level will not affect your unique ID number.
- When do Gold Members receive their unique member number, ID card, member letter, and sticker and/or cling?
You will receive these items in your Welcome Pack 8-10 weeks after you have joined. You can request your member number to be sent to you via email 7-10 business days after you have joined.
- When do Platinum members receive their unique member number, ID card, member letter, sticker and/or cling and t-shirt?
You will receive these items in your Welcome Pack 8-10 weeks after you have joined. You can request your member number to be sent to you via email 7-10 business days after you have joined. Please specify shirt size when joining.
- When do Platinum members receive their Annual Gift?
Separate from your member Welcome Pack, you will receive the Annual Gift sometime in the first quarter of the year. (International members may experience a delay due to shipping.)
- How do membership levels affect seniority?
Seniority works from highest to lowest and based off of membership status. For example;
1. Platinum member, joined 01/01/01
2. Platinum member, joined 03/22/01
3. Gold member, joined 01/01/01
4. Gold member, joined 03/22/02
- What are the benefits of having seniority?
If we are able to offer our members a limited amount of special event tickets, reserved seating, discounts, donation opportunities, lotteries and other member benefits, those benefits could potentially be available based on membership seniority.
- What do Platinum Members get to vote on?
Voting can be on any number of subject matters; selecting a charitable organization to benefit, event dates/locations, poster and t-shirt artwork, design ideas, new gifts and other non-corporate level decisions that the Board of Directors may seek a vote on.
- What is the duration of my membership?
One year from the date you joined. You will receive an email on or around the first day of the month that you joined, reminding you to renew your membership. It is your responsibility to renew your membership.
- How do I renew my membership?
You can pay by PayPal directly from our Gift Gallery. You can also send a certified check or money order to:
P.O. Box 3868
Naperville, IL 60567
- What happens if I do not renew my membership?
You have 60 days grace period to renew your membership. If you do not renew in that timeframe, your unique member number will be retired and you will lose your seniority. If you renew after the 60 day grace period, you will be given a new unique member number.
- Can I upgrade from Gold to Platinum Membership?
Yes, and at any time. You would just renew your membership at the new level and include your existing member number during the checkout process. Unfortunately we can not credit you any remaining time left on your Gold Membership.
- Can I downgrade from Platinum to Gold Membership?
Yes, at any time. Unfortunately we can not credit you any remaining time left on your Platinum Membership. Please contact us if you wish to downgrade.
- Can I cancel my membership at any time?
Yes. Please contact us to cancel your membership.
- Can I get a refund on my canceled membership?
Unfortunately we can not credit you any remaining time left on your Membership.
- How many memberships can I have?
You are allowed one membership per person and email address.
- Can I transfer my membership to someone else?
No. Your unique membership ID number is yours alone.
- Do I need to have a membership to donate to the Wishlist Foundation?
Membership is not necessary to make a donation – anyone can make a donation at any time!
- Do I need to have a membership to order a t-shirt or other promotional item?
From time to time, there may be ‘perks’ available only to members, but generally all registered users can make a donation and receive a gift item.
- Do I need to have a membership to participate in preparty fundraisers, projects, events, discussions or the Wishlist Foundation community?
Nope…all that is required is your enthusiasm!
- What are your Terms & Conditions?
You can read them here.