Pearl Jam Fan-Run Preparty Tailgate Fundraiser
hosted by Wishlist Foundation – a Pearl Jam Fan-Run 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10: PEARL JAM PREPARTY TAILGATE FUNDRAISER
• If traveling from the Indianapolis International Airport, take I-465 East to I-69 North to exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway).
• If traveling from Chicago, take I-65 South to I-465 East to I-69 North to exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway).
• If traveling from, St. Louis take I -70 East across Indianapolis to I-465 North to I-69 North to exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway).
• If traveling from Louisville, take I-65 North to I-465 East to I-69 North to exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway).
RUOFF TAILGATING RULES
REASONABLE tailgating will be permitted from the time the lots open until the time that the gates open. Once the gates open, guests that have been on-site prior to the gate opening time will be asked to head inside the venue.
• Underage drinking is not permitted and will be policed.
• For guests that arrive after the gates are open – we will allow a reasonable amount of time (approx. 30 minutes) for guests to gather items, hang out with friends and head into the venue.
• Exercise good judgment, avoid dangerous activities and be aware that there are consequences for raucous behavior in the lots.
• Charcoal grills are not permitted.
• Ensure that enough room is available in the parking aisles so that in the event of an emergency, we can get the appropriate equipment through.
Finally, our guests show up to enjoy their experience; they want to hang out with friends and have a good time and we want that too. That’s part of the summertime fun. However, we want and need to avoid people getting overly intoxicated. Any guest displaying signs of intoxication will not be permitted through the ticket gates.
RUOFF VENUE RULES
The following items will be permitted. Permitted items are, as always, subject to change depending on the show. Check our Facebook page on the day of show for specific permitted items and show info.:
• CLEAR plastic/vinyl tote bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
• Small clutch bags (6” x 9”) – these do not need to be clear
• Blankets and Tarps *Blankets and tarps not permitted for all shows. Subject to change
• Lawn Chairs – no more than 9″ off ground, non-camping style *lawn chairs not permitted for all shows. Subject to change
• Bug Spray and Sunscreen – non-aerosol only please
• Food Items – (1) 1-gallon clear bag/person
• Water – (1) 1-gallon factory sealed bottle/person
• Clear, empty Nalgene bottles
• Umbrellas* (36″ or shorter) *Umbrellas are not permitted for all shows. Subject to change
• Cameras (no professional)
The following items are NOT permitted through the ticket gates. We appreciate your help in leaving these items at home.
• Alcohol, frozen water bottles, glow sticks, selfie sticks, iPads, GoPros, tablets, weapons of any kind, knives, chains, coolers, spike jewelry, signage and bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
$10 suggested donation
(Register for your free tickets & receive 3 free raffle tickets when you SCAN your ticket at the preparty!)
SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE PRIZE WHEEL
For a small donation, you can Spin the Black Circle Prize Wheel and you never know what kind of prize you might get! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!
PEARL JAM SONG TITLE BINGO
For a small donation, you’ll get a unique printed Bingo card with Pearl Jam song titles. If the Spinner Drum reveals your song title, circle it on your Bingo card until you make a Bingo set! Lots of prizes!
• Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Indiana Chapter
ABOUT VITALOGY FOUNDATION
Vitalogy Foundation is a 501c3 organization founded by Pearl Jam to translate the ethos of their music into tangible positive impacts. To maximize its effect, Vitalogy works as both an advocate and a donor. As a donor, Vitalogy identifies and financially supports organizations inline with its mission. As an advocate, Vitalogy educates on critical issues and organizations.
Vitalogy elevates the voices of overlooked groups and seeks opportunities to support approaches that value people’s minds, bodies, and souls. In the band’s collective work, the Foundation focuses on three main areas: the environment, homelessness and indigenous causes.
The members of Pearl Jam are busy supporting Vitalogy grantees and advocating for social justice. Stay current with the band’s updates here: https://pearljam.com/vitalogy/news
ABOUT AMERICAN FOUNDATION FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION
Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
AFSP is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide, including those who have experienced a loss. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies: funding scientific research, educating the public about mental health and suicide prevention, advocating for public policies in mental health and suicide prevention and supporting survivors of suicide loss and those affected by suicide.
Are you in a crisis? Call or text 988 or text TALK to 741741
WISHLIST VOLUNTEER STAFF
Producers: Jenny Wallack Schenk, Jon Marshall Voorheis
Organizers: Laura DeMartini & Mike Livingstone
Volunteers: Sign up now! https://bit.ly/23pjvolunteer
Photographer: Volunteers needed! https://bit.ly/23pjvolunteer
Videographer: Volunteer needed! https://bit.ly/23pjvolunteer
Pearl Jam Poster Autographed by the band
Donate Now: https://bit.ly/pjdonation
WHAT IS A PREPARTY FUNDRAISER?
A Wishlist Foundation preparty fundraiser is a group of fans gathering before a Pearl Jam concert to meet up and make new friends. Add in a charitable cause that you want to support, mix in a raffle and some merchandise available for a small donation and you’re joining with fellow fans to do great things!
PJ20 Preparty: https://bit.ly/pj20wl
The first official preparty fundraiser happened on October 5, 2004 at Humphrey’s Bar & Grill in St. Louis prior to the Pearl Jam VFC concert organized by Brent Hinson and Laura Trafton.
Due to its success, and the success of the 2005 Canadian preparty fundraisers, Wishlist Foundation was federally granted 501(c)3 nonprofit organization status in 2006.
ABOUT WISHLIST FOUNDATION
Wishlist Foundation is a Pearl Jam fan-run grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Pearl Jam’s charitable and philanthropic efforts. Inspired by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legends’ music, philanthropy and activism, Pearl Jam fans volunteering with Wishlist Foundation have been fundraising in the band’s honor for the past 19 years.
Conceived in 2004 and officially organized in 2006, Wishlist Foundation has remained a 100% volunteer organization run by fans, raising over 1.6 million dollars for charitable organizations in the arenas of health and chronic illness, environmental causes, arts and education and social change.
“We are incredibly grateful for the decade-plus years of support and inspiration from the Wishlist Foundation’s pre-parties,” states Mike McCready, lead guitarist of Pearl Jam. “I think our fans are very proactive in terms of fundraising for events before our shows. They do it of their own volition and they take care of each other and their communities. It always blows me away.”
A pioneer in fan-based viral activism and leader in the Pearl Jam fan community, Wishlist Foundation sponsored events are the go-to destination for thousands of both diehard and new fans of the band across the globe to gather before Pearl Jam and other related concerts, forge new friendships, all while uniting behind causes important to both the fans and band.
Wishlist Foundation is fan-run and not affiliated with Pearl Jam, Ten Club LLC, Vitalogy Foundation, its management or any of its related entities. Tax ID #205497732.
• Our Story: https://youtu.be/OVJpRfigBgs
• Milwaukee, WI – October 20, 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1UyNorGlas&t=8285s
• Hamilton, ON – September 15, 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_dXv7R1OU&t=621s
• Ottawa, ON – September 14, 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLJ7UMgafw
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise, memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser, please submit your donation items here: https://bit.ly/pjdonation
We are always in need of volunteers to help run the fundraisers – no experience necessary! It’s a great way to directly meet new Pearl Jam fans and help out worthy organizations. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please sign up here: https://bit.ly/23pjvolunteer
• Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed.
• No unauthorized hand-outs, solicitation and materials. Including, but not limited to handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
• Unauthorized professional cameras and professional recording (photo, video, audio) equipment are not allowed.
• No large professional detachable zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods or selfie sticks.